New Moms Take Charge! Get Back Into Your Favorite Jeans!!!
Lets regain some body confidence here. I love sharing pointers on active living (especially for moms with new babies) and helping to get back in those JEANS! Working smarter, not harder, can help you see results! Eating right and catching a few moments to exercise can help new moms feel more positive, reduce stress and rebuild body confidence and still maintain a high level of focus on your newborn. I recommend developing a baby routine and carve out time for yourself. As your baby reaches milestones, you reach your goals.
Gaining confidence is all about allowing time for yourself to achieve it. Here are some tried and tested tips to make sure that new moms can overcome plateaus and build your strength and stamina. Gain more energy or simply love fitting back into your jeans.
Tips to Kick-Start
- Exercise for at least 30 minutes five days a week, split up your workouts so that three focus on cardio activity and two are strength based.
- Mix up your workouts. Helps your body work different parts and stays fresh so you don’t get bored.
- Exercising effectively: find someone who can help you get the most from the exercise you are doing.
- As your routine becomes easy, pick up the pace—challenging yourself.
- Resistance training to help build lean body mass, as this will help your fitness plan be more effective.
- Cardio (yawn), add some fun: pick your favorite music or train with a friend. Or try something like Zumba, Mixfit or Jazzersize.
- Try HIIT (high intensity interval training) and vary your routine. My favorite.
- Review your plan and ensure that it’s balanced to meet your core needs and help you to achieve your goals.
- Remember, getting back to a level of fitness and body confidence that you’re happy with is not a race, so take it one day at a time.
- Having a baby (or babies) changes your body in many ways, and it’s important to understand that you need to listen to your body. Get adequate rest and don’t stress out about your baby weight. Stress can sabotage your plan, so relax and have fun being active.
Mind What You Eat! Just like when you were pregnant its important to fuel your body right to get the results you want and extra important when you are breast feeding. 80% of your results come from the food you eat 20% from exercise. Learning what foods are the right foods, how much and why is the key to successful healthy post baby weight loss. Increasing your energy, means increasing you nutrition and eating enough.
What I have learned as a wellness coach in the last 7 years is every body is different. Balancing between new baby and regaining confidence takes time, just like it took 9 months for your beautiful babe to come into this world…giving ourselves grace that it will take time to get back to pre-baby body. Support and education is an important step to being the best mom you can be! Help is right around the corner!
I’ve got your back,